Wednesday 7 September 2016

Introducing Janet McNulty

















A big welcome to our latest contributor, Janet McNulty.

Janet comes from Liverpool and she signs her many interesting contributions to BalletcoForum with the words:
"Proud of my Scouse accent!
(Watching ballet keeps me sane)".
Northern Ballet opens its season at this time of the year with a series of performances at West Yorkshire Playhouse. That theatre is literally next door to Northern Ballet's base at Quarry Hill and audiences like to think of it as the company's home. Many of its works have been premiered here and there is a special intimacy in the auditorium that brings out the best in the dancers. I look forward to Northern Ballet at the Playhouse very much indeed.

Alas this year I shall have to miss them because I shall be at the Dutch National Ballet's gala in Amsterdam tonight. Knowing my affection for Northern Ballet Janet has very kindly offered to review their season for us. I hope she can be tempted to contribute frequently to Terpsichore because she has an encyclopaedic knowledge of, and boundless enthusiasm for, all kinds of dance.

I see from her contributions to Facebook that she already enjoyed the opening night and I look forward to seeing her detailed review. I should also like to wish the company all the best with their West Yorkshire Playhouse season. I shall next see them in Romeo and Juliet at The Alhambra.

By the way here is a recipe for scouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment